Easy oven roasted pork belly on the table in less than 40 minutes! The flavors of a barbecued roast pork but none of the work. Serve with salad and mashed potatoes or use it for sandwiches.
Remember when I bought this? Half a pig, all nicely cut up into pretty portions. We’ve been enjoying this all winter, and it was a great purchase. Definitely something I’ll do again.
The problem was that I forgot to make it really clear that I wanted the pork belly left whole and uncut – I wanted to make bacon.
You might like:
The butcher heard “make bacon” and so he sliced up a bunch of my pork belly into slices. Not what I planned, so I had to come up with something interesting to do with them. And … how about Roasted Pork Belly Slices?
Or maybe Barbecue Pork Belly Slices?
Not what I had planned, but they’re good and worth making.
We’re just going to make a pound of it here, but you can double or triple this, depending on how much sliced pork belly you have.
For every 1 pound sliced pork belly, you’re going to need 2 tablespoons mustard, 3 tablespoons paprika, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning, 1/2 lemon, and 2 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar.
If you don’t like Italian seasoning, you can use any herb-y low salt seasoning that you like.
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Combine the mustard, paprika, brown sugar, oil, Italian seasoning and oil in a bowl until fully mixed.
What you’ll end up with is something that looks like thickened barbeque sauce. Absolutely perfect for coating pork belly slices!
Coat the slices evenly on both sides. It’ll be be messy.
Before you coat the second side, place the pork belly on a baking dish that is lined with foil or parchment, something that won’t stick horribly.
Squeeze the lemon juice over the slices.
Place in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through the time. Pork belly slices don’t take long to cook.
Serve as is or slice up.
This roasted pork recipe goes well with mashed potatoes, salad greens and even with some light pasta. The best part? It is even better the day after it is cooked so you can just double or triple the recipe and feed more people or save some for awesome leftovers!
You might like:
- 1 pound pork belly, sliced into half an inch slabs.
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Prepare everything you need and preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mix up the spice mix/rub by combining the mustard, paprika, brown sugar, oil, Italian seasoning an oil in a bowl until fully mixed.
- The mixture will look like thickened barbeque sauce, which makes it perfect for coating the pork belly with.
- Use half the mixture to coat the pork belly evenly on one side and use the other half for the remaining surface area of the pork.
- Squeeze in some of the lemon juice too for extra fresh and tangy taste.
- Roast in the oven at 400F for 20-25 minutes, making sure to flip it halfway through.